Sunday 16 August 2020

Weekender 22: Tension and Release

 I'm tired now. All the days of excess heat have now passed into rain and murk. It has pleasantly cooled down, but with that has come an almost violent suction of energy from my core. It has left me feeling somewhat drained. We had some thunder, then a bit more. But the skies are never satisfied it seems.

The exam crisis shows no signs of abating. I'm not entirely sure what the government intends to do about this. They have said they will pay for appeals, but I'm sure that will be betrayed in fine print. What are kids supposed to do now though? Those that get an appeal, and a successful one at that, will be the lucky ones. Even if they appeal, will it be resolved in time? If not what happens to these people? Hereditary peer and privileged Tory scumbag Lord Bethel just thinks they should 'hustle'. How: there is a looming labour market and social crisis because of the other disaster his government has largely created (by not responding to nor preparing for a pandemic). This is the worst time to have your education stolen from you.

Maybe it's the photo in the Guardian that doesn't do him justice, but in an article featuring comment from the interim president of the National Black Police Association, Mr Andrew George doesn't appear to be a person of colour. Perhaps I'm horribly wrong. I guess it could be argued that the skin colour of the person in that position doesn't matter, but isn't that essentially the same as the 'All Lives Matter' argument; one that, aside from being a stalking horse for racism, ignores colour rather than promotes equality. Surely they could find an actual person of colour to serve?

I think we'll leave that one there. Like I said, I'm tired.

This release of energy is commensurate with the seasonal shift; the movement from the stifling heat of summer into Autumn. There is mystery in Autumn, at least nominally - romantically. Whether this amounts to anything I don't know. Spirituality, to my mind, is simply about one's relationship with the living world. It's ebb and flow, including the movement of seasons. Summer, like Winter, becomes static, draining, tiring. When it shifts that's when there is movement, energy. Tension and release.

Speaking of which my MP is a twat who wants rid of the NHS. 

So let's put his fucking wife in charge of the track and trace system. Well done Tories. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...