Monday 6 July 2020

The Summer That Never Was 1: The New Money?

At this point it's pretty clear that social distancing is dead. Today looked like it could have been the first day of the regular summer holiday in a normal year. The play areas were never officially reopeed, people just decided to start using them and let their kids play all over them. I guess it's fortunate locally the case rate is so low.

I just feel completely restless now. It's like being a prisoner when, somehow, the door is unlocked and the prison open. Nobody seems to be on hand to say whether or not you're free to leave and your fellow inmates are all making for the door, in a large congealed mass of covid possibility. Do I join them, or will the authorities nab me and make me pay a higher price?

The government has abandoned publishing the number of individual people being tested for Corona virus. After five weeks of failing to do so.

They just gave up. Can't be bothered. This is typical Johnson. It's too hard, where's matron, mater wipe my fat entitled arse. Can't be bothered. Five weeks during a fuciing pandemic. Oh well, I guess data isn't important. I'd say this is unbelievable but if the last few months have confirmed anything, it's that it isn't.

The track and trace app still isn't ready. Our leaders are beyond incompetent; they are lazy and don't give a shit. It's just a school test, get one of the freshmen to take it for me. I've got a date with some stolen wacky baccy with Spugger and Bodge behind the tennis courts. Fuck's sake. It's a joke to these people. Life is some permanent boarding school jape. That's what these places breed; a mutant who will grow up to doom us all and not care.

One article of interest, in yesterday's Guardian, was the possibility that Rishi Sunak will introduce helicopter money. Apparently he is 'mulling' the notion of giving people several hundred pounds. It wasn't clear who this could be spent, or what form it would take; there was mention of 'covid affected businesses' (which would presumably be all of them). It's a bold idea, but, given that he's a Tory, I would be very surpsied if this ever came to pass. The media I'm sure, even now, would not be in favour.

But then these are strange times. I certainly won't turn my nose up at several hundred quid! Finally some new socks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...