Thursday 8 April 2021

Bugged

Today I'm feeling ill. Achy. I don't think it's covid. Or if it is don't worry, we're separated by pixels. But these aren't covid symptoms. I had this a few months ago, and again at the start of last year. I don't really understand how, while wearing masks, social distancing, and washing hands at the door of each shop, I still get a bug. I guess it just goes to show how easy it is to pick these things up - and that would include Covid.

In fact I'm feeling incredibly miserable. So far throughout this pandemic I have endured. I have not lost my shit nor my mind, but I'd be lying if I said it hadn't taken a toll. I suspect I'm not alone. In fact I think this psychic cost is going to be apparent in the coming months, particularly if we all experience another lockdown. The government has many chickens that are yet to return to roost. They have failed in their duty of care. So much more even on a mundane level they could have done, but didn't. Now I'm feeling a distinct lack of possibilities and opportunities at this time. I hope this passes with whatever malady I'm experiencing, but there is a lingering and gnawing emptiness and it scares me.

This situation isn't going to change much over the coming months, though perhaps I'll be wrong. The virus is here. All it needs is breathing room. As things are flung open by a government caring only about the profit they risk giving the virus oxygen. They will never understand and, should cases start rising again, they will respond slowly and disastrously. The only approach is to go for zero covd with proper test and trace systems and the funding for self isolation because if we have to live with this virus, people are going to be needing the care and support this government doesn't have a clue about and isn't interested in providing. 

There is no moving forward without addressing the toll all this has taken, but the Tories have long since stopped caring about mental health support. Look around, where is it? Nothing here. Services got cut. My own recent experience with Fedcap employment, who claim to offer mental health support, ended in dismal failure. I have still yet to hear back from them after asking them to call it quits. I didn't want to have to do that, but what choice is left if you can't even communicate? Again, this is a company that claims to offer mental health support. We are isolated and alone, we are not waving but drowning

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...