Monday 4 January 2021

Ten Months, Here We Are Again

So here we are. The inevitable. We all knew it was coming. Everyone except the people that made the decision, whose incompetence reaches beyond the criminal. Either Johnson survives this or I will. We are back to the situatoin last March, except this time it's worse. Ten months in and we are back to the beginning. That's why it's worse. 

To be honest, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to cope. It's a different world now. One that the Tories have let slip the leash. I see the walls closing in. You'd think, with it being winter, I'd not want to go out. But that means freedom. We're back to essential trips and a brief moment of exercise. I go for a walk three times a day. To me that's essential. It was essential back then and it's even more so now. So that won't change. Fortunately I don't walk where there are loads of people, it's the countryside here.

What about shopping? Right now I've been going to the Tesco in town because it's the only place that's a) affordable and b) has the food I want. We have a local Tesco Express; it's expensive and shit. We have a Coop, same deal. We have a butchers, they too are expensive, just not shit. I'm not compromising my diet for the sake of this lockdown so what do I do? I can't imagine catching a bus to go to a different shop is going to be in the spirit of the rules?

This is going to last at least 6 weeks. Most likely until March. Same length as the first lockdown; three months. Only then it was sunny and pleasant, and we all got a kick out of Dominic Cummings giving us the green light to break the rules. Then it all sort of slid; kids started using the plaground, people were having picnics. Before long the rules were relaxed. If only we knew then...

Now it's dark, it's cold, and utterly terrifying. These are short days but they are going to get longer a lot quicker, just in the worst way possible. Our society has failed. It's so called leaders have failed us and in the worst way possible. They must go.

I'm not sure how I'm going to cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...