Wednesday 9 March 2016

Third Sector Stupidity

I've sent a number of tweets, on behalf of grassroots online campaigns, to various third sector groups. This is because these campaigns are doing their best to highlight the injustices and/or hypocrisy now sadly rampant in the hierarchies
of these organisations.

That's not to say I don't support voluntary work/charity work; nor is it to say that I think ordinary people volunteering with the best of intentions should be harassed. Certainly no more than they are exploited by some of these groups.

So I have always kept an eye on the Do-It.org website which is a repository of local (perhaps national, I only know of them locally) volunteer vacancies. Unfortunately they require that you sign up in order to peruse their database. Why this is necessary I do not know; do they make money off of this? Is it the Go Compare of volunteer work.

What's even more unfortunate is that not only does their site not work and I cannot log in at all (it keeps telling me my user details are incorrect, even when i change them), I find they have blocked me on twitter. This suggests that they have me blocked as a user.



Is this what happens when you speak out? Are the third sector capitalists so insecure they can't take legitimate criticism? Since I can't contact them, I can't find out why I can't log in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...