Friday 21 April 2017

Stepping Out part 3

You know the more this continues, the less interesting and helpful it becomes.

After last week's bus related detour and this weeks annual leave, I was contacted by Positive Step to find out that next week's appointment is also being cancelled. This because of complex internal reasons...maybe. I don't actually know because they wouldn't tell me.

I did complain and got a call back from a manager today who told me, having been appraised of the situation (itself a surprise!) that I was offered telephone appointments by my 'not-a-doctor' person. This is news to me. I decided I would pursue this path as it seems far too a herculean task to actually get to and complete these ridiculous appointments.

I suspect half the appointment will be taken up with them having to go through their assessment form with me over the phone. Since they can't give me the form and have me do this at home it is going to prove to be a complete farce. You might think they could just, I don't know, talk to you. But they insist on this form and it's arbitrary numerical representation, presumably for funding reasons.

And breaking news! They just rang me back to offer me an appointment (with someone else of course, because who cares about continuity) on the 2nd of May which will be a fortnight's time. I can't really imagine this is going to work over the phone in all honesty, but since these appointments aren't really about the individual, rather than prescribing a singular process in half an hour increments totalling 3 hours I don't hold out much hope.

Oh and there's a general election, which the Tories will win because Britain has lost the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...