Sunday 11 December 2011

All Aboard the SS Toff Party

Where yesterday I doubted the focus of the Occupy movement (even though I support their aims wholeheartedly), today's revelation of the toff nazi fancy dress party removes the doubt. How these cretins can be so sociopathic I will never know. If this is how they want to live then by all means OCCUPY!
I just can't fathom the thinking behind anyone choosing a nazi costume and to then, apparently, behave in character as has been reported. Maybe if you ham up the costume to the point of obvious lampoonery, but to just don a bog standard, unadulterated, SS uniform? That's the best you can come up as a guest for a fancy dress party? Must have been a busy day at the costume shop; I'm guessing the only superhero costume he could think of was ubermensch.
If it's ok (Tory MP Aiden Burley seems to think so) to dress as members of a military force that occupied Europe for five years, camping on the village green can't really be any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...