Friday 13 April 2012

Signing Again

Yes, it's that time of the two weeks. Time to catch the happy bus to opportunity street, only to find that they are short staffed. If I were to give them the benefit of the doubt I would put it down to illness, so maybe it would be unfair to criticise them. However I know they are routinely short staffed on Fridays because no one wants to work on that day. Strange that the DWP's shift system should allow for such a possibility. Still it's not too long a wait till I get seen.


It is supposed to be a more expedient process once you are on the WP, but all that means is they don't go through the process of a job search. You still have to sit there and listen to all their waffle and of course the inevitable 'how's the WP going', which will probably last as long as it does. How is it going? Well that's a good question. Unfortunately the JC and the provider seem to each have a different view on how it should work. As a result the claimant is caught in that no man's land in between. That's what should be written on the epitaph to this ridiculous system, when we finally renounce scarcity and capitalism. Anyway signing goes ok. I have to wait for P to get in touch next week as was arranged (by P, of course) and the whole WP merry go round can begin anew. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...