Monday 18 January 2021

The Long Road 14: Another Day In Lockdown (+2:35)

Not sure what to write about today. The weather is crap and lockdown is getting to me a bit. This was inevitable. January is the very epitome of the doldrums. I think I'm going to have a big dinner and comfort eat my way out of this morass, which is probably a bad idea. It's grey and wet, endless drizzle blown by a cold breeze that forever centres around my neck. I live rurally, perfect, you might think, for getting out of the house, except the weather is hostile. I don't want to be outside and I don't want to be inside. 

Waling around the same streets isn't really that much fun. Walking through the fields is cold and difficult. I'm not built for winter, so I just moan about it. This wouldn't be so bad but for the obvious. Here we are, and here we are going to be for quite some time. What is most depressing about all this is that the government, which could do so much, has, once again, abandoned people. I'm lucky; I have a roof over my head and food in the cupboard, but this is still difficult. We aren't meant to live like this and our social systems have neither adjusted nor adapted. Moreover the scum in power don't want them to.

Much more could have been done, but they'd call that 'broadband communism'. Providing things for people to do, access to goods and services even for free or at a greatly reduced price. All these things, not just food for starving kids, could have been planned for and prepared. We can't even manage to pay people enough to stop spreading the damn plague. So people crowd onto trains at rush hour, without masks. What on earth!

So, because capitalists can't abide letting the chance for people to see through their shitty system, we all have to suffer. Isn't that reason enough to dump it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...