Tuesday 2 March 2021

Back To The Beginning 2: In The Shadow of Winter

 As I suspected, Winter is fighting to reassert dominance as it always does at the season's end. Winter's hated last gasp. I've had enough of it. I have become uncomfortably numb. I have learned that I simply cannot abide winter. perhaps I've got the wrong blood temperature or something. Being in lockdown doesn't help, if that is indeed what is still happening.

It seems utterly extraordinary to me, that, a year in, our government are still chasing their tail. Despite spending billions on a test and trace system, supposedly showcasing the best of the private sector and its ideology. In reality just another cosy ride on the gravy train for the favoured. Here we are chasing down the rogue testee (that doesn't sound right) bearing the Brazilian variant. Now the papers are saying that it can "evade" up to 65% of the protection offered by the single jab.

All they had to do was quarantine people. All they had to do was stop such frivolous travel. Who on earth is coming in to this country from Brazil anyway? I hope it was essential travel. I have no idea what the chances this person has spread the virus, but all it takes is one person to see it and... a week before the return to school as well. Any plans to curtail school in the area affected (they reckon it's the "south east")? Of course not, creepy Gav will not agree to that.

Things could get very dicey indeed. It's groundhog day alright. We go around the misery go round yet again. At least if we must all get the Brazilian (that doesn't sound right) we might as well do it when the weather is, hopefully, nice.

Tomorrow is the Day of the Budget, which I shall watch with great interest. That is of course a horrendous lie, however it would also be a lei to suggest I won't be paying any attention. This will be his first stab at long term austerity, testing the waters for the pain sure to be inflicted in the post Covid economy. We already know he plans to end the £20 uplift. So will he offer Universal Credit claimants a 'generous' £500 windfall? Or will that prove to be the same vaporous rumour that was floated last summer with the £500 helicopter money the papers were mooting? More importantly, will he give that to people on legacy benefits. We've already been denied parity with this uplift, and the Tories simply can't be bothered to operate with any justice here. I think they don't care and just can't be bothered with it. So I don't hold out much hope, if indeed this £500 windfall does materialise, it will be shared equally. Disgusting politics of course, but who will stand up for us? Certainly not Labour. They are too busy arguing amongst themselves. They can't even get behind the uplift, even ust for Universal Credit claimants. 

What a rotten state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...