Thursday 27 August 2020

Last Days of Summer 4: A Brief One

Not sure what to write today. I'm in danger of repeating myself. It's pissed down all day and not much has been produced. It's getting difficult to be productive; this period seems to stretch on forever now. Normal is out the window - at least the old normal. It's becoming increasingly clear that the new normal is a grey old period. 

We're also heading, in the long term, into Winter. This is always a difficult period, for which I like to psychically gird my loins, so to speak. Now those preparations are going to need greater preparation. For this reason I need to begin more of an effort to understand paganism, perhaps build some bridges and develop a practice for, essentially, coping.

Who knows what Autumn or Winter will be like. It could be grim, or it could be more of the same. One thing is for sure, it is a period of isolation and introspection: increased mental activity in terms of the potential for intense, perhaps negative, thoughts. Winter is like diving into dark waters. It is bracing and relentless, for the period. 

And I'm afraid that is all I have today

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...