Sunday 21 February 2021

The Road To Spring 21: Tired of the Grey

Sundays now are like when I was a kid; slow days with nothing to do. 

In fact I have things to do, that isn't the problem. I just don't like having no choice but to do them all day at the exclusion of everything else. Even going out is difficult now. It feels like a chore, a considerable effort. Everyone else is out, just like a Sunday. Whole families going for a walk at exactly the same time as me (which makes needing to take a piss behind a bush rather difficult - doesn't help that lockdown locked the public convenience). It should be social, but I don't know these people, so it isn't. Instead I'm just glad to get back, but going out is necessary for my sanity.

I've been redduced to this: moaning about trivia. I have noticed a decline in my temperament since the start of the lockodnw, perhaps even before. I have less tolerance for tedious minutaue or trivial inconveniences. It's stupid really, which makes it all the more frustrating. It's the time of year; the slow death of winter, hopefully it will pass peacefully. I'm tired of the grey. The never ending grey. Even when it's mild and calm, like it is now, unseasonably so, it's still unavoidably winter. I can't wait for when things change, when the world becomes warmer and things start growing again. Even if the lockdown continues, which is highly likely, or at least necessary, the weather and improved climate will be just the tonic. Winter is difficult at the best of times, it tests you. Living through the worst of times doesn't make that any better. We all knew a winter lockdown would be horrible. I'm here to confirm; it is.

Tomorrow Boris gives his lockdown 'roadmap'. Frankly, I don't care. He's a proven liar. He could say anything, it's just words. None of it will mean anything. Without a zero covid strategy, which he has no interest in, there's no point. Nothing else will work. Sure, open schools in two weeks, it will be disastrous. All this will do is cause the virus to surge again. Same with any major undertaking to unlock. If the virus isn't driven down; without an aggressive test and trace scheme, there's no point because we'll be back here in a couple of months. Again. The worst part is that it will take several weeks for the numbers to reach crisis point, by which we will be doomed. Again.

So I'll just catch the highlights. It's just words at this point. The government will never learn and certainly never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...