Sunday 3 May 2020

Weekender 7: Seven Bloody Weeks?!?

What a grey smudge the sky is. Like smearing your thumb on a pencil drawing. April was nice, perhaps by accident (a smog related accident), but that was yestermonth, back when we were all stuck indoors, taunted by nature for our own ignorance (by ours, I mean theirs: the Tories). Remember those days? Oh we thought they'd never end...!

One day we'll look back and laugh. Because the alternative is tears.

One day.

For now though, the pattern weaves ever one. Cast across a one trick loom. Woven out of myopic desperation by people incapable of a different pattern. The conventional wisdom, for economic sluggishness has always recommended spending. But the government refuses to give people helicopter money. With every utterance and edict the Tory ruling elite demonstrates it's ideological inflexibility and inability to process reality. "People want to get back to work". 

We are dying to live. We may end up living to die. 

Schools out...wellnotsomuch. Apparently they are opening for Year Six kids (I've no idea what age that is) on the first of June. Seems pointless to me, you've probably learned all you need to know about life in this past period: that politicians are scum, that the ruling class exploits the poor (you), and people should practice mutual aid. Not really sure how this helps. It just puts stress on 
teachers. Kids, depending on age, aren't known for their hygiene and while they are considered a less susceptible group they do live with people who might not be. I'm sure teachers aren't thrilled about being put on the viral frontline like this.

But as I've said, the capitalist class wants normality (by which I mean profit). As the days pass, and the hair cuts of politicians in public grow, they will become ever more restless. Well too fucking bad. These would also be the schools the Tories have underfunded for a decade, along with the NHS. Is that the normality they want? Is it what we want? I say no.

There's a growing sense that, given Dominic Cummings is at the helm, this is increasingly becoming an exercise in eugenics. The Hateful geek Mekon in charge of blurting out the unthinkable on behalf of the unconscionable. He's probably a fan of those old Nazi propaganda posters (yes I went there). They cared little for the 'useless' in society: the infirm the alien and the elderly. How convenient then that we have a virus in society capable of weeding them out. Let the strong survive. This is a theme that, knowingly or not, is threaded throughout the conspiracy thinking on htis subject. That it isn't serious: "only the old/sick die". Sorry chuckles, these people matter. Is this the world we want to inherit when we come out of this? More on this here.

I guess now would be a bad time for the Martians to invade, so there's that. But our current masters are just as inscrutable and evil.

This is the seventh weekend I've been doing this. Apropos of nothing. Just thought I'd mention it. I'm sure we'd all appreciate an end to this just so I can go back to being lazy on this blog again :D

Oh, and here's the cunt of the day (yes I went there too).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...