Friday 29 May 2020

Where Do We Go From Here? 5: Trench Class Warfare

So where do we go? Lockdown is in tatters. Let's be honest. I cannot see how a) this can return given the disaster that is Dominic Cummings and b) we are likely going to face a second wave. Children will be our undoing. How creepy!

Not their fault, just the children in Parliament. The infantile spoilt cretins in charge obfuscate and bluster, befuddle and bumble. What other words for the shit show we are now bound inside. Our homes are not prisons, that is hyperbole, but we are letting these people turn them into that by virtue of their inability to deal with a crisis. They are afraid to take necessary action - to address the failings of capitalism in the wake of crisis - and so have trapped us. They have lead us up the Corona Creek and don't know how to get back.

It isn't them that will suffer though (I don't care that Boris had covid, I'm not even sure I believe that anymore).

I cannot say that I am happy at the thought our local school might open again anytime soon. That won't be until the 8th, but even so I do not know the plans of parents of staff. I imagine, like many, they will just do as they have been told. Hopefully I am wrong. I do not have children so I am not privy to what is planned. Since there is no testing system that I'm aware of planned for the school, or indeed any other, there is no way to assess the risk. I have no idea if local kids are carriers or if no one is. The Pissass Piper dePfeffel is playing a sorry tune hoping the kids will follow him back to the plague pit.

Let me stress how profoundly stupid this decision is. A few kids in a school for a few weeks before the summer holiday. Is it worth it? Of course not. But the purpose isn't education, it's so workers don't have an excuse to stay home. It's dangerous childcare to get people back into work. With of course no guarantee of their safety. This is high stakes Class War. The Tories are using your kids as a weapon. Labour are not fighting back. Who else is there? Or is it enough just to clap?

This is the weekend before the great push. From Tommy and Private Baldrick in the trenches diing on mustard gas and shellshock to the primary schools of today: what is the difference?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...