Monday 18 May 2020

Week of the £11 Hand Sanitiser part 1

It's just capitalism yo!

Marks and Sparks, not coincedentally a struggling retailer (it's just capitalism yo!), selling bottles of Hand Sanitiser for £11. This is as surprising as it is disgusting. It's funny really (nope), a year or so ago I started carrying what were then innocusous little containers of hand gel, a quid a pop from £land, because I got sick of getting sick over the winter from all the crud I seemed to pick up on public transport. My theory at least.

Now they are the soap equivalent of Faberge eggs. Black Friday in a plastic bottle. Oddly it's seems to only be hand sanitiser that's gone right up in demand, not regular soap. Portability presumably. I don't see the point of carrying any around myself even though I have quite a bit left from the bottle i bought over the winter. But then I'm not out and about as much.

I've noticed price increases in my local Coop. Never the cheapest of places; a middle class emporium if ever there was one. The word organic si deployed within as if it were sales napalm. I don't buy it, literally. I think they have put their prices up since the crisis started, which is proper cheeky. You might be forgiven for thinking we're all meant to be mutually aiding; looking out for one another. However as lockdown has faded, I'm sure people have found they can just get on with things more or less as normal. But then I don't live in the urban sprawl.

People defend these price hikes all the time. It's just "supply and demand" they say. Do they say it now? Have they learned that is a poor way to run a society. We're not cave dwellers at the mercy of the elements. The winds of economic fortune are man made and man-controllable. Why do we let this be an excuse. Why don't we plan our economy? Oh that's right, only commies talk that way. Except capitalists like to praise good business sense. What is that if it isn't planning? What is commie talk fi not saying something as ideological as "the dignity of labour". Imagine what the Tories would say if Unle Josef came out with that one? Or comrade Corbyn?

We seem to be ok living in a world where the more popular a commodity is the more expensive it should be!

People are still dying by the way. While the gullible clamour for their return to the place of their exploitation, the virus is still doing it's deadly dirty work. At what point did lives stop mattering to people? We know they mattered never to the Tories. Even kids aren't spared their tender mercies. Gove claims schools can reopen with classes half the size, to accommodate social distancing. How can that work; you'd need twice the teaching capacity. Hiring more public sector employees seems to be the one thing the Tories have refused to do over the last ten years. Instead throwing them on thee bonfire of ideological austerity. Their abuse goes on. I noticed that turd, Lord Ashcroft, haunting twitter. This is a guy that paraded his stolen valour on daytime TV with David "cheap as chips" Dickinson. Remember him?

Sadly yes. Along with Lord fucking Ashcroft, broadcasting his largese from the pirate havens of Belize. Safe from the virus, unlike his staff, I shouldn't wonder.

Wankers all. I wouldn't trust Gove to tell me the time. Slimy little man; an ideological shapeshifter, happy to wear any obsequious mask to hide his double standards. He is grotesque, in every way.

Class War returns for another week of swearing at the Tories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...