Friday 18 September 2020

Nature Wants Revenge 5: Testing Times That Aren't Testing

Another daily high. 4332 cases.

Worrying.

I feel I should discuss more uplifting material, but that seems frivolous. We have got to get control of this, and of course, when we need them most (as far as anyone can need government, but we are where we are), the Tories have, predictably, failed. I don't believe they are capable of otherwise. 

Now is the time to look beyond. We are the only ones that can solve this for us. Not the toffs. You have the grotesque spectacle of Jacob Praying-Mantis, over the dispatch box like it was prey, lamenting the lack of joy and gratitude amongst the prolesouls. That's you and me (fun word though, I made it up!). Less "carping" please, Britain. I guess all he needs to do is whip out his iPhone, activate his playlist, Songs of Ignorance, and play some Jerusalem. (That's a William Blake pun, it doesn't get any better!)

This isn't just an out of touch hedge fund stick insect. It's complete ignorance. It tells me, screaming in my ear, that Boris and the Boys cannot deal with this. This is criminal deja vu; we saw it all unfold last time. Are we going to see it all again, perhaps worse? If you thought the situation was stressful before, wait till we get the second wave. Oops! Too late!

If only we'd seen this coming. We could have given the testing contract to be overseen by someone that's also overseen a massive breach of data for a major communications firm. Dido Harding, former CEO of BReach Breach - I mean Talk Talk - claims the current viral resurgence was unforeseen. A shame then that even the PM disagrees with her. From the Guardian:

"Boris Johnson said the UK is “now seeing a second wave coming in” and that it was “inevitable” that coronavirus would hit the country again. The prime minister added the government is considering whether it needed to “go further” than the current national restrictions that were put in place this week."

4322. Good job Tories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...