Monday 7 September 2020

The Continuing of the Beginning of the End 1: Bedshittery

 Vicar, it's happening again! 

Another 3000 cases. Ok, that's two days in a row. This isn't good. I hope it can be explained away by a mechanism that isn't another wave of incurable virus, but that seems to be the most likely explanation.

I don't know what else to talk about today. Perhaps YOU dear reader could suggest a topic, or ask me a question. My thoughts are unfortunately dominated, pulled by the gravity of the situation into the black hole that is the Tory nightmare.

We are led by such inadequates that any consideration of a plan or an approach to this situation seems like a false hope. Like walking through a field of hungry alligators and hoping these fellas might be vegan. Forlorn at best. 

They have had six months to plan for the predicted second wave. The boffins warned us now would be the time, if it were to happen. Could this be what we are currently seeing? Unfortunately expecting anything other from these Tories than manicured incompetence seems foolish. Never mind today's latest example of Brexit bedshittery. If the Tories and their billionaire owned press mates think the EU are going to 'blink', they are utterly deluded.

They are utterly deluded.

Six bloody months. Totally squandered. Now they want everyone back to work, kids back in schools, and, if I recall correctly, sporting events from next month, football matches and the like. They'll do it as well because that's what their supporters want. I mean, we've had six months to prepare for the opening of schools. I don't think pubs should have opened in order to facilitate that. It's a laudable goal. the kids need it. But not if it's not safe, and it seems for some schools, it wasn't. We know that many didn't get any support or even funding to prepare their premises for the new reality. It is perhaps no surprise then that some have had to close down again, or some pupils and teachers have had to isolate. This can only have a dreadfully disruptive effect on their education.

Ye gods, I don't know what else to say. I'm sory that will have to do for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...