Monday 16 November 2020

Post Bug Post Dominic Weekender Weekender (post weeekend!)

 Feel much better today. Importantly the symptoms never amounted to Covid. I could taste and smell (and I certainly do smell!) and didn't develop a horrific cough. Must be one of those 24 hour bugs the cool kids talk about. No, I think I'm getting a cold. How that has happened I don't know. I see myself dodging covid so much I'm blind to the other regular bugs. Fun. It's that time of the year.

So, Cummings gone. What a petulant little ma. Happy to lie through his teeth (and badly) about the Barnard Castle eyesight extravaganza. That still makes me laugh, it's like a Little Britain sketch (only without the casual racism). I doubt even he believes anyone believes him. He's not a smart guy, he's just a very rich and well connected guy. In other words, he embodies the arrogance of power, and in Boris Johnson, he found the perfect vessel. Someone arrogant himself enough to want power but stupid enough to be open to Dominic's bizarre ill conceived plans.

The sad thing is that it isn't those schemes that got the better of him. It was a spat between his weird little clone, Lee Cain (have you seen the together? Birds of a feather!) and Carrie Symonds; the woman that is inexplicably Boris' girlfiancebreedingmare. Brexit, of which he is one of the architects, is still going ahead as best I can tell so he's picked the right time to leave the sinking ship. Unfortunately that ship isn't just HM Government, it's our economy. Flung over a cliff by people who couldn't see the massive drop over the edge. Now he gets to walk away and live in clover. He's part of the ruling class.

I suspect he may well shack up with Farage's latest project. The 'Reform Party' or whatever they are calling themselves this week. I thought that was failed actor Laurence/Lawrence (delete as appropriate) Fox's endeavour. They'll probably merge, like road traffic accidents. More likely he'll be chewed up and spat out by the Farage machine. Make no mistake, Britain's top xenophobe, Nasty Nige, is, IMO, very well connected. One simply doesn't start a brand new political party without serious and dark money. He seems to be very good at that. The Brexit party, for all its bizarre crank members, did pretty well - Claire Fox for instance sits in the House of Lords now. I guess being a professional victim of 'cancel culture' isn't so bad after all!

The Farage party I'm sure has Steve Bannon's backing. Last we heard from him he was calling for Dr Fauci, beleaguered US CDC boss (doing a great Martin Brody at Amity Beach impression ;), to be murdered. He's not stupid, despite being a horrific scab faced racist, he did this deliberately. NOw he gets to move on and do something else, and both he and Farage are, well, birds of a feather. Fast friends. Comrades in dark money arms. I'm sure he's part of this Reform party project.

This group wants to combat the lockdown. Now this is a strange policy since, by the time of the next election, in 2024, it's likely (God, I hope!) we'll be through this horrendous nightmare. Even if the economy isn't, there wont' still be a lockdown. But that's the angle Farage is playing: as the perpetual outlier he gets to criticise without the responsibility of an alternative. He never offers an alternative, he always shifts the burden of proof. 

So either he believes a general election before 201024 is more likely, or he wants people to remember and believe that the lockdown was a disastrous economic policy for which the government should be punished. Now of course I believe the Tories should be punished; they have catastrophically mishandled this pandemic. But remember: Farage has no answers. He's just a pub bore shouting at clouds while wearing driving gloves (fuck's sake). This his is MO, he's a stochastic terrorist committing drive by ideological violence without sticking around to help the community pick up the pieces.

Late article is late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...