Friday 6 November 2020

Return To Lockdown 5: 24 Hours In

 I ought to be writing something profound. I have high standards to maintain after all. That's why you're reading this of course. Viewers of taste and distinction; savoir faire. Or something.

Except I'm stuck trying to download some music from Amazon's frighteningly shit music app. 

Anyway, who cares about that. Not those sartorially astutue souls I count among my readership. That's YOU, genius!

So where are we? The week ends as the crisis began. A belated lockdown, hobbled in efficacy by the Tories who refuse to accept any harm to their precious economy. Even though it's minder, it's babysitter, knows not how it works.


Ho ho ho. What a clown. But he's a hedge fundie bankster type! Just shows how deep capitalist propaganda goes doesn't it!

Anyway, time once again to check in with our American friends (ooh, careful) and see how things are going in the world's greatest democacy.

 

Hmmmn....better leave it a while, it's going to take a while for the stink to clear. Woooweee!

Twenty Four Hours in a brand new cage

The same old story on a poisoned page.

Led by donkeys but not by data

was on the curriculum of the alma mater

Now at the mercy of those fattened with ballot and vote

Who legislate away all reason and hope...

Where a poppy where it red

Make it big, like the size of your head

Make it shine like a mushroom cloud

Gratefully blinded by England proud

The people salute while their kids starve

Covid got in the way of tearing us in half

Brexit comes a Tory takeover

Selling England off the White Cliffs of Dover

Make it loud like the braying crowd

Behind the king with his thatch of wind

Mr Speaker! Forgive me for I have sinned!


Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...